Friday, September 23, 2011

When to change the spark plug on a crf250r?

I have a 2007 crf250r with 32 hours on it. When do I need to replace the spark plug? What happens if I don't? I race beginner class and I will pick a best answer. Thanks
When to change the spark plug on a crf250r?
You need a spark plug spanner particular to the bike as it needs to be longer. One usually comes with the bike. If the bike is getting hard to start then change the spark plug
When to change the spark plug on a crf250r?
I replace spark plugs often...very often. For a race bike every other race. If money is an issue at the very least pull the plug and look at it every other race. If it is light to mid brown and the crush washer not squished flat reuse it. Any black or crush washer squished flat replace. Most plugs are less than $3.00 so you should keep several with you always.
Every 5 gallons of gas is when i change mine. They are cheap and will make your bike run better!
replace when it gets hard to start if you dont chaNGE it, it will be harder to start