Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have a 1999 ford contour my engine light came on but I have change the spark plug went off then same back on?

I have change the wire for the spark plug the engine light still on.
I have a 1999 ford contour my engine light came on but I have change the spark plug went off then same back on?
And why did you change the spark plug wire?



The Check Engine Light can be set off by literally 1,000 different things.



You addressed one of them, and I'm going to guess you didn't even bother to have the code read, to see if there was any reason to do what you did.



Since it didn't fix the problem....it would appear that it had nothing to do with spark plugs.
I have a 1999 ford contour my engine light came on but I have change the spark plug went off then same back on?
Did you have it diagnosed? Were plugs and wires the fault?



Engine lights usually come on due to emissions faults. Have it diagnosed and you'll save money in the long run!



Good Luck!
Take the vehicle to autozone or another car parts place and ask them to check the code on the engine light. They should be able to tell you why the light came on.