Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Will changing my spark plugs give me more performance?

I have a 2003 Grand Marquis and will going to a split fire or quad fire plug be benificail for me?
Will changing my spark plugs give me more performance?
No. The best plugs are those recommended by the manufacturer. None of the claims made by these aftermarket plugs live up to the hype.
Will changing my spark plugs give me more performance?
Not necessarily, a plug is a plug, you will notice a minimal difference. Now if your plugs are going bad or are close to burning out then getting a new one will definitely have a noticeable difference in performance, for instance you will notice that it wont be %26quot;bogged down%26quot; as much. hope this helps
Dude i threw a set of split fires in my dodge ram and gained 3mpg and i could chirp the tires going into third gear. ive never been able to do that with stock plugs.
If your current plugs are going bad, replacing them will help. Changing the TYPE of plug is more likely to CAUSE problems than solve them.
changing them would,nt hurt nothing but just stick with what the factory recommends.