Friday, September 23, 2011

My husband was changing the spark plugs on my car, when he tried to crank it, a small fire started.?

I drive a 1999 Ford Taurus. %26quot;I%26quot; know to only take off one spark plug/wire at a time but he took them all off and of course is trying to figure out how they go. But when he was doing this, a small fire started. We poured water on it, but I'm concerned about damage and what started it. HELP?
My husband was changing the spark plugs on my car, when he tried to crank it, a small fire started.?
the engine will back flow the fire if you don't have the spark plugs in the right order what causes this is it ignites in the cylinder when the intake valve is open and ignites the fuel as its coming in if no hoses were burnt or anything on the outside of the motor you should be fine just get the correct firing order and put them on right and you should be fine



PS it can burn as it kicks the fuel back
My husband was changing the spark plugs on my car, when he tried to crank it, a small fire started.?
Should not have been anything under the hood to catch fire. Tow it to a professional to diagnose-it sounds like he knocked something loose. As far as how bad the damage is-kinda hard to see from here....................................
Should not of dumped water in there like that. I would take it to the shop but if little bit of water went in the motor .You can get a manual or maybe even the owners manual you have and it should tell you the order the plugs go.