Friday, September 23, 2011

Can anyone give me a lecture on how to change a spark plug on a Vespa LX 125 (preferably with pictures!)?

I can open the spark plug inspection panel but the rest is a little mystifying! The pictures in the owners manual are hopeless.
Can anyone give me a lecture on how to change a spark plug on a Vespa LX 125 (preferably with pictures!)?
I assume that you know enough to follow the spark plug wire down to the plug...(It can be seen through the inspection panel, and the plug is on the right side of the cylinder (as you sit on the bike). When I bought mine, the owner had hacked a hole in the body, and used a rubber plug to seal the hole. He said everyone in the Carribean Islands make this mod because the plug is very hard to remove and replace. I actually think that this is quite clever. The body is strong enough, and the rubber plug makes it look real neat. I think there is room to reach in there through the inspection panel with tools, (like with swivels, etc.)... but if not, then you can pop the exhaust, the airbox, and the throttle cable, then pop the 2 shocks, then you can drop the whole engine down, and get to it real easy...
Can anyone give me a lecture on how to change a spark plug on a Vespa LX 125 (preferably with pictures!)?
Take old spark plug out. Then put new spark plug in.