Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Change Spark plug on my atv?

I bought an oil changing kit for my atv (Polaris sportsman 500) and I took out the old spark plug which said (5E) and I replaced it with a new one that was a little bigger and said (6E) on it..is this ok?
Change Spark plug on my atv?
Odd that a spark plug would be in an oil change kit. When you say it was bigger. Bigger how? longer? If so it may cause piston damage. Did the dealer supply this or did you just buy it on a hunch with out knowing what you needed? Still not understanding the different size bit. Did you measure it? or are you just making an assumption based on the numbering, which is quite a different matter all together. Was the complete number something like NGKBKR6E?
Change Spark plug on my atv?
Larger number usually means it's a hotter plug, spark wise. Little less of a chance of fouling out, too hot could burn your piston though.
did it screw in its ok