Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changing spark plug/wires 2002 Sonata?

My wifes sonata is starting to feel like it is mis-firing. Rough Idle/poor acceleration/almost stalling. Just wanted to know how hard it was to change the plugs, I have heard you have to remove the intake manifold. If that is the case sound pretty intensive, do you recommend doing it your self or taking it in?
Changing spark plug/wires 2002 Sonata?
If it is the V6, the plugs are located 3 in the front and 3 in the back. The 3 in front are accessible by removing the plastic cover of the engine. The 3 in back need access by removing the header. You will need a deeper socket wrench to fit over them.
Changing spark plug/wires 2002 Sonata?
I am going to be chaginging my V6 Sonata 2006 spark plugs for the first time and was wondering if I should both changing the wires (if applicable) Can you give me any info or suggestions on this?

Report Abuse


if this a v-6 it would be best if you take it to your service provider. not a real simple job.
Take a look at it see if you can get to the plugs, wires, and disturber if you can and get your tools in there go for it.
  • hair bands
  • programming
  •