Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport and I need to change the spark plugs...do I have plug wires too?

When I called to price parts they asked if I had a coil ignition. I don't know what that is. Just want to know what I need to buy to have someone change them for me.
I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport and I need to change the spark plugs...do I have plug wires too?
the 3.2L isuzu rodeo engines are coil on plug ignition. All you need for the spark plugs to be changed are 6 new spark plugs.
I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport and I need to change the spark plugs...do I have plug wires too?
Sad part is this women works on both of her trucks, 2 motorcycles and any other vehicle I normally get my hands on.

Report Abuse


yes
Plug wires go over the spark plugs to give a connection between the motor and distributor, otherwise there would be no spark to fire up the engine. Considering that you don't know about your vehicle or its parts I suggest you take it to a shop and let them do it
when u open ur bonnet and look in side ov it follow the leads from ur sparke plugs they will go 2 either a coil pack or 2 a dizzy coil pack looks like a square block with all 4 leads on 2 it a dizzy is round and normally orange in colour
Coil ignition is when each spark plug has it's own coil going to the spark plug, sometimes mounted right on top of the spark plug. I would just get new platinum plugs..... wires last a long time, and if you have coils for each spark plug, they almost never go bad, so you wont replace them.