Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I change the spark plug in my voyager if the 3 of them are way far in the back?

How can I get in there?
How can I change the spark plug in my voyager if the 3 of them are way far in the back?
im a macanic and i will tell you that is sucks, you have to reach around the engine and use wratchet wranch and extentions and stuff or you might be able to get it from underneith. either way its a pain
How can I change the spark plug in my voyager if the 3 of them are way far in the back?
From underneath the van.
The best possible way to get the plugs are from under the van. They certainly don't make it easy on the caravan/voyager models. I dread doing mine!
Best thing to do is get it on a lift. As one other person said, even on a lift it's a pain.
Depending on the year of the van, you can:



A) Access the plugs from underneath the vehicle (easier on a lift)



or



B) Remove the intake plenum to give yourself room to access the plugs from the top (make sure you replace the gaskets when you reinstall the plenum),



Or if it is after 1996



C) You can remove the cowl from under the windshield (after you remove the windshield wiper arms) and that will give you enough room to reach the plugs!