Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I can 't change the last spark plug in my Nissan frontier 2001, can somebody give me some ideas?

I can't see the spark plug, not room, it is in the back of the motor, also I can't touch it. Thanks for any help in this matter.
I can 't change the last spark plug in my Nissan frontier 2001, can somebody give me some ideas?
Nissan v6 engine, there is a limtted access to change the rear spark plugs due to the plenum or intake manifold. The very last one in the back can be accessed by removing the metal tubing that leads to the pcv valve, this will give you a better clearance to remove also the direct ignition coil and the spark plug. Hope this helps. Have fun!!.
I can 't change the last spark plug in my Nissan frontier 2001, can somebody give me some ideas?
I did pretty close to what John Paul said and was right on the money. I removed the hood which was only four bolts. The masking tape was a great part of this trick. I used the socket, a long extension, then the U joint then a four inch extention. Be patient. You can do it.

Report Abuse


After exposing my neighbors to every level of profanity I asked my teenager (with smaller hands than me) to install the #6 s/plug boot. The boot was in in about 5 mins. I gave him a $10.00 bill.... Best money I ever spent. I will NEVER buy a V6 Frontier again!

Report Abuse


That is why we charge 1.7 hours for 6 spark plugs. Universal 5/8%26quot; spark plug socket with u joint 4%26quot; extension another U joint and 10%26quot; extension use masking tape to hold those tools to the extensions. Yes you can scratch the heck out of your hands on the white plastic brake hose clips and actually reach down and with your finger tip feel the spark plug insulator. All done by Feel! Twist to remove the spark plug wire. The hardest thing is getting the plug back in and the wire back on. Trust me I see Lot's of pathfinders and Xterrias with 5 new spark plugs. It take both hands behind the motor laying on the engine to guide the spark plug socket contraption into the Cly Head. Good Luck